Monday, September 19, 2011

Book Shelf: Shades of Midnight (Midnight Breed #7) by Lara Adrian


In a frozen wilderness steeped in darkness, the lines between good and evil, lover and enemy, are never black or white but drawn in Shades of Midnight.

Something inhuman is stalking the frigid Alaskan wilds, leaving unspeakable carnage in its wake. For bush pilot Alexandra Maguire, the killings stir memories of a horrific event she witnessed as a child and evoke in her the inexplicable sense of otherness she has long felt within herself but never fully understood . . . until a darkly seductive stranger with secrets of his own enters her world.

Sent from Boston on a mission to investigate the savage attacks and stop the slaughter, vampire warrior Kade has his own reasons for returning to the frigid, forbidding place of his birth. Haunted by a secret shame, Kade soon realizes the stunning truth of the threat he faces–a threat that will jeopardize the fragile bond he has formed with the courageous, determined young woman who arouses his deepest passions and most primal hungers. But in bringing Alex into his world of blood and darkness, Kade must confront both his own personal demons and the even greater evil that could destroy all he holds dear.

Blurb from
Goodreads.....


Review:

I very much enjoyed this book in the series. It was enjoyable from the beginning and I loved the main characters. They were fun to read about and I thought the plotline of this book was awesome. There’s something about a mountain wilderness; untamed and wild that seems so exciting and romantic to me.

I thought Kade was a great male lead. I hadn’t thought much of him in the previous books I must admit. He was always just there and he seemed young in regards to the other warriors, but in this book he was front and centre and I found that I really, really liked him. He seemed much more experienced and fierce than he has in the other books. He was strong and brave—everything I expect from a Breed warrior, but he was charming and sexy too, with a vulnerable side you wouldn’t expect when first seeing him.
Alex too was a fun heroine to read about. She was strong, despite the horrible situation of her past and all she’d been though. She only knew the Breed vampires to be horrendous and vicious and it was nice seeing Kade show her another side of them entirely. I liked reading about her and thought she was very strong. Really, there was nothing about her I didn’t like.

Kade and Alex together were wonderful. Their relationship moved fast, but it was believable and passion filled. I liked the moments they spent together and thought it was sweet how deeply Kade came to care for Alex. I’ll add them to the list of my fave couples in the series and hope they have a long happy life together.
I’m really enjoying this series. Each book is action packed and filled with romance while being easy to read. I tend to read each book in less than two days and I’m looking forward to the next one, Brock’s book.....


Rating:
Source: I bought
Format: Paperback
Recommend: Yes
Recommend borrow or buy: Buy
Cover: I really, really like this for some reason. And it's got nothing to do with the Aussie green and gold. It just goes so well together.
Read sequel/continue with series: Yes

Buy it here:

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

2 comments:

  1. I'll definitely need to continue reading this series. So far I've read the first six books and I really enjoyed them. :) Thanks for sharing your opinion on book #7 - it reminded me to get a copy of it soon! :D

    Great review,
    Carina @ Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely read the rest of the series--I have, I'm just a bit behind in my reviews. The 9th book ends with a bit of a cliff hanger that has me real excited for Chase's book.

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo