Friday, November 4, 2011

Daring You To Read.....The Summoning #2


Daring You To Read is a new weekly meme hosted by Tynga of Tynga's Reviews, where you get to dare your followers to read a favourite book of yours (if it's at least 6 months old).
In celebration of this new meme, Tynga is giving away a surprise book as part of the two week kick off. To enter, simply participate in the meme. Head on over to join in the fun!

This week I'm daring you to read......


The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong


After years of frequent moves following her mother’s death, Chloe Saunders’s life is finally settling down. She is attending art school, pursuing her dreams of becoming a director, making friends, meeting boys. Her biggest concern is that she’s not developing as fast as her friends are. But when puberty does hit, it brings more than hormone surges. Chloe starts seeing ghosts–everywhere, demanding her attention. After she suffers a breakdown, her devoted aunt Lauren gets her into a highly recommended group home.

At first, Lyle House seems a pretty okay place, except for Chloe’s small problem of fearing she might be facing a lifetime of mental illness. But as she gradually gets to know the other kids at the home–charming Simon and his ominous, unsmiling brother Derek, obnoxious Tori, and Rae, who has a “thing” for fire–Chloe begins to realize that there is something that binds them all together, and it isn’t your usual “problem kid” behaviour. And together they discover that Lyle House is not your usual group home either…

Add it here

Why I'm daring you:
Kelly Armstrong seems to be so loved for her adult series, but I often find her Darkest Powers Trilogy is over looked. This is the first book in the series and it rocks. Join Chloe Saunders as she begins to see ghosts and gets sent to an asylum for troubled kids who really isn't what it appears. This series is seriously addictive and you won't regret reading it.

Have you read this? What did you think of it? And if you haven't, go ahead, I dare you.....

8 comments:

  1. I really like this series! Derek is one of my favorite werewolf characters ever. I agree, this author's YA series is overlooked, but I hope your post encourages some readers to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. Derek has always stood out as a really different male lead in comparison to all the other's out the in YA fiction--I love the guy, he's such a sweetie.

    I hope some of my readers check this out too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this series! I hvae the Gathering at home I still need to read, I'm glad shse decided to write a second trilogy in the same world.
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed The Gathering, but no where near this series. You should enjoy it though Tynga!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVED this series!! The Gathering was also pretty good. Kelley is a fantastic author!


    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree Giselle--Kelley is an amazing author!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her Otherworld series, so I probably will like this as well. Thanks for stopping by blog earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a great book Grace Fonseca---I definitely recommend!

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo