Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Waiting on Wedesday #20


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight an upcoming release that you're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm waiting on....


The Lost Code by Kevin Emerson
Releases On: May 22nd
Add it: On Goodreads
WHAT IS OLDEST WILL BE NEW, WHAT IS LOST SHALL BE FOUND.

The ozone is ravaged, ocean levels have risen, and the sun is a daily enemy. But global climate change is not something new in the Earth’s history.

No one will know this better than less-than-ordinary Owen Parker, who is about to discover that he is the descendant of a highly advanced ancient race—a race that took their technology too far and almost destroyed the Earth in the process.

Now it is Owen’s turn to make right in his world what went wrong thousands of years ago. If Owen can unlock the lost code in his very genes, he may rediscover the forgotten knowledge of his ancestry…and that less-than-ordinary can evolve into extraordinary.


Thoughts:
While I admit I prefer books in a females POV as it's easier for me to connect, I still love a book or series that features a fantastic male main character, but you know what? There's not enough of them out there! It seems like not enough books feature male leads nowadays so The Lost Code, the first in the new The Atlanteans series by Kevin Emerson instantly spiked my attention when I saw our MC is a boy. Awesome. Plus, need I mentioned the Atlanteans and Atlantis aspect to this story?? I'm so in! I want this....like now!

What do you think? Will you be putting this on your to-read list?

And what are you waiting on this week?


2 comments:

  1. SUPER excited for this!! I totally agree, not enough male POV's out there! And heck, my favourite series EVER is told from a certain wizard's perspective <3 Planet earth in ruins, advanced ancient races.... has the potential to be a pretty epic dystopian. Cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! How great does this look?!? I love the sound of it!! <3

      Delete

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo