Monday, April 29, 2013

Owl Post #11


Inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox, Owl Post allows us bloggers to showcase the books we've bought, won or received throughout the week and is hosted by Brodie over at Eleusinian Mysteries. We all know that the Owl Post is the fastest way to send and receive mail and they certainly make me happy every time they drop a book off.

Hello Book Lovers!

Welcome to this weeks Owl Post! Let's take a look shall we :)


For Review:


From HarlequinTEEN.....
 
-Dare You To by Katie McGarry
Love, love, LOVED this book! Katie McGarry is a genius! Cannout wait until book 3 with Isaiah and his lady love Rachel, hehe. ;)
 
.....Thank you Polina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
 
From Bloomsbury.....
 
-Blood Prophecy by Alyxandra Harvey
 I'm a massive Drake Chronicles fan (whoever said vampires were done were kidding themselves!) and I'm of a mixed mind about the last book in the series. I'm reading it right now and loving it, but am also very sad to know it's the last!
 
......Thank you Sonia--you're so good to me!!
 
 
From Pan Macmillan Australia.....
 
-Wildlife by Fiona Wood
I've heard incredible things about author Fiona Wood, but in all honesty I'm not sure if this is my kind of thing. We'll see.....
 
.....Thank you guys!
 
 
From Random House Australia......
 
-Scarlet In The Snow by Sophie Masson
This book was a bit of a surprise, but it sure does sound excellent. I love fairytale retellings, so I have big hopes for this!
 
.....Thank you guys!!
 
 
I Bought:
 
 
- The Sweet Scent of Blood by Suzanne McLeod
- Archangel's Consort by Nalini Singh
-
Smolder by Melina Morel
I don't often buy from the bargain bin at department stores but when I seen these for $3 each at Big W, I kinda bought 'em. I know I wanna read Nalini Singh's Guild Hunter series eventually, so I'm glad I picked up that one. Gotta get the first two books first....
 
That's me this week! Be sure to leave links to your posts in the comments so I can find out what the Owls dropped off for you this week ;)
 

4 comments:

  1. Oooo Scarlet in the Snow looks and sounds amazing! I must go and stalk it immediately.

    Enjoy :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first I've heard of Scarlet in the Snow. I can't wait to see what you think of it!

    And I LOVE Fiona Wood's debut. So excited for Wildlife. Campsy books aren't usually my groove but I have faith that it's going to be great. Haven't been disappointed by an Aussie YA contemp so far! Also I'm envious that you have Dare You To. I have it via Netgalley so I'll read it soon!

    Happy reading. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will be my first Fiona Wood novel when I eventually get around it. Glad to hear that you've enjoyed her writing in the past--gives me hope I'll enjoy this one :)

      Delete

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo