Monday, February 10, 2014

Owl Post #28


Inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox, Owl Post allows us bloggers to showcase the books we've bought, won or received throughout the week and is hosted by Brodie over at Eleusinian Mysteries. We all know that the Owl Post is the fastest way to send and receive mail and they certainly make me happy every time they drop a book off.
 
Hi guys and welcome to another Owl Post! Let's see what I received lately :)
 
For Review:
From Scholastic Australia.......
 
- Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer by Katie Alender
I'd never heard of this book before I found myself with a copy, but boy does it sound good! Looking forward to reading this.
 
- Eleven by James Phelan
This is the third book in The Last Thirteen series and the second one I've received. Unfortunately though, I don't have the first book, so until I get that there's no real chance I'll read this. Although the concept and idea sounds quite good.
 
.....Thank you guys!
 
 I Won:
 
 
I was really lucky to be the winner of the recent Facebook giveaway Tamara Ireland Stone hosted! I received signed copies of both her books as well as this cute little travel case, a notebook and a bunch of stickers and signed bookmarks :) I really enjoyed the first book, Time Between Us, but haven't had a chance to get a copy of it's sequel, Time After Time. Now I've got them both in hardback! Yay! Thank you SO MUCH Tamara--I'm so grateful and honored.
 
 
I was also super excited to discover I won a signed copy of Vampire Hollows by Tim O'Rourke from his Facebook page too! I LOVED the Kiera Hudson series and am super stoked to have a signed copy of the fifth book by Tim. Thanks Tim--you rock!
 
 
 
Now, I didn't exactly win this, but I'm still gonna share anyway =) One of my favourite books I've read recently is These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner, and seeing as she lives in Melbourne, Aime is willing to sign copies of These Broken Stars that are sent to her with a self addressed return envelope. There was no way I was going to miss having my book signed, so I went ahead and sent it to her. Aime was also kind enough to sign some pictures I sent her too, so be on the look out for a future giveaway! Thanks SO MUCH AIME!
To learn how to get YOUR book signed, head here.
 
 And that's me for this week! Lots of exciting packages lately :)
What did you get last week?
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome haul. Thats very nice to get your books signed by the author. Always love that. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I didn't know Aime was signing books, I had planned on sending my envelope to nab one of the signed bookmarks. I'll definitely have to send mine alone too. Those Tamara Island Stone hardbacks are gorgeous, so envious! Happy reading. Awesome haul.
    My Stacking The Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely haul of books and winnings. Nice one . Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo