Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #92

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight an upcoming release that you're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm waiting on.....
 
Ash & Bramble by Sarah Prineas 
Releases on: September 15th 2015
 
When the glass slipper just doesn’t fit…

The tale of Cinderella has been retold countless times. But what you know is not the true story.

Pin has no recollection of who she is or how she got to the Godmother’s fortress. She only knows that she is a Seamstress, working day in and out to make ball gowns fit for fairy tales. But she longs to forsake her backbreaking servitude and dares to escape with the brave young Shoemaker.

Pin isn’t free for long before she’s captured again and forced to live the new life the Godmother chooses for her—a fairy tale story, complete with a charming prince—instead of finding her own happily ever after.

Sarah Prineas’s bold fairy tale retelling is a dark and captivating world where swords are more fitting than slippers, young shoemakers are just as striking as princes, and a heroine is more than ready to rescue herself before the clock strikes midnight.
 
Thoughts:
As a fan of fairytale retellings, I was always gonna wanna read this, but I'm really impressed with the twist on Cinderella this novel seems to have. Plus I haven't read as many Cinderella retellings as I have other fairytale retelling novels.
 
What do YOU think of Ash & Bramble? Do you want to read it?
And what are you waiting on this week?
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, this sounds like another book I have to add to my TBR list! Although there are so many fairytale retellings out there, they still never seem to get old. (Especially those with a twist - like this one!)

    So happy I stumbled across your blog today!

    Julia Anne @ Peach Print

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo