Saturday, March 12, 2016

Cover Trends: Water

If you're anything like me, you're a sucker for a pretty cover. Sure the saying don't judge a book by it's cover is true, but how often do we readers get swept away by an awesome cover? And there's some awesome ones out there--but do you notice that there are a few themes that often seem to reappear?

Over the coming weeks, and possibly months, I'm going to share some of the trends I've seen and my thoughts on them. This week I'm starting with.......

Water Covers:
 
There's something oh so beautiful about covers featuring couples or characters underwater. They're ethereal and stunning to behold. Whether the novel features an ocean/water based storyline themselves (mermaids, selkies, sirens etc) or are just rocking the water cover, books with the blue depths themselves are some of my faves!

What do you think about water covers?
Do you think they're as beautiful as I do?
And what are some of your faves?

1 comment:

  1. I am in full support of this trend (I hadn't even realised they were so common though the covers always catch my eye) <3 also I love the look of this new feature!
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo