Monday, March 19, 2018

Owl Post #203


Inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox, Owl Post allows us bloggers to showcase the books we've bought, won or received throughout the week and is hosted by Brodie over at Eleusinian Mysteries. We all know that the Owl Post is the fastest way to send and receive mail and they certainly make me happy every time they drop a book off.
 
Hi book lovers and welcome to another Owl Post! I bought a few books last week--I can't help myself; I'm weak!
 
For Review:
From Hot Keys Books:
Defy the Worlds by Claudia Gray 
Deft the Stars was one of my favourite books last year and Defy the Worlds is one of my most anticipated releases of 2018. Will defintely be looking to read this one very soon!

......Thanks so much guys!

I Bought:
So because I have the self restraint of a toddler, I bought MORE books despite telling myself that I will cut back. Basement Books had a sale and I had to take advantage of these beauties:
The Shadow Cabinet by Maureen Johnson 
I've read the first book in this series and did enjoy it. Now I own books 2 and 3 to one day continue it. 

Darkness Follows by L.A. Weatherly 
I really enjoyed the first novel in this series, Broken Sky but never continued on with it which is odd because I have highly looking forward to this sequel before it was released. Looking forward to continuing with it. 

Seriously Wicked by Tina Connolly
While I haven't heard that much about this novel, I couldn't pass up this hardback copy that was so well priced. Sounds fun though!

 -  Changeling by Philippa Gregory 
I know Philippa Gregory is wildly popular but I've yet to read any of her novels. Hope to change that one day with this YA series.
   
- Star Struck by Jenny McLachlan
I loved the previous three books in this Ladybirds series so am thrilled to have finally gotten around to getting a copy of the fourth and final book. Can't wait to read this.

A Drop of Night by Stefan Bachmann 
This novel was one of my WoW's a few years ago and I still think it sounds fabulous so I look forward to read it in the future.

Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton 
I highly enjoyed Rebel of the Sands and am glad I finally got the sequel as I can't wait to see what happens next and I know that the third book has already been released. Better catch up!

The Crown by Kiera Cass 
I NEED to begin this series! It's been on my TBR list forever and I now own books 1, 2, 3 and 5--just have to get 4 so there's no excuse not to dive into it soon!

Drowning Instinct by Ilsa J. Bick 
 Drowning Instinct features a really heavy topic, but I've enjoyed Ilsa J. Bick's novels in the past so I definitely want to give it a go one day.  
 
- Oceanborn by Amalie Howard
I LOVED the first book in this series, Waterfell and I'm looking forward to finally continue on with the series. Just need to find the time to read it. 
 
I bought these next 5 books from my local Vinnies for only $1 each; couldn't help myself:

Paris Lights by C.J. Duggan
I'll be honest here; I already own a copy of this novel but for $1 I bought this copy to get signed and give away in the future on the blog.
 
Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard 
So. I live under a rock. Or it must seem like I do as I'm yet to read the Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard. I now only books 1 and 2 so I will probably begin it in the near future!

Liar by Justine Larbalestier
I've read a few novels by Aussie author Justine Larbalestier and think Liar is something worth reading. One day. 
 
The Giver by Lois Lowry 
The Giver is another classic I'm hoping it read one day. 

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare 
I LOVE The Mortal Instruments series but I've fallen a bit behind. I still need to read the last two books, but I now own copies of both so hopefully that will urge me to finally join Clary and Jace and the gang once again :)

And that's me this week! Quite a few books, lol. 
What did the owls bring YOU?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo